Friday, August 17, 2012

Lots to say about Ups and Downs..


Well, I feel like I survived a small war. 
So, Tuesday evening I realized I was getting a clogged duct (sorry if that's TMI)
At the same time I realized that I didn't feel well...dizzy, headache, terrible body aches and 
frankly like poo!!! Went to bed "early" with a heating pad....had to get up all night with 
both kids and fought it all the next day. Almost 24 hours later, felt WAY better!! Woke up...100%

Anyhow...this is the fun meal I made before the war began...
Made a pot of navy beans- boiled w/garlic, a jalapeno and graded some tomatoes so that 
I only got the center goodness. Also cooked with a thyme bundle...thought I'd share that 
if you tie string around it and leave it over the pot, it makes for easy stem and string removal




Good beans, grilled asparagus and acorn squash go well with an easy bought 
rotisserie chicken if I do say so myself!! 

Because I felt like a terrible mom during the war, I thought Fin needed any outing. 
She's been battling this sleep protesting (she's loosing by the way) and as we found out Thursday morning she also has a UTI!! Poor thing. 
So, before the dr apt I had packed a lunch, we swung by saw papa, snatched nana 
and headed to the splash park!! She hated to leave...it was a great break. Cool breeze. 




This is what we had for dinner Thursday...
salad and a potato & leek quiche
(pulled the quiche from the freezer...it was given to me my my wonderful mother for a night such as this) 


Today our A/C starting acting up, so we are having someone 
come look at it- he can't come until Sunday morning. 
At least the weather is nicer than it has been!!
Tonight for dinner: Brussels sprouts, jalapeno sausage, onions and potatoes...
sorry no picture...I was TOO hungry!!  


So, tonight Lord, 
I thank you for making our bodies able to recover on their own sometimes, 
and when they can't giving doctors the knowledge to help us get over it, 
freezer meals, amazing family, fat cheeks, good nap times and fans!! 
Amen

2 comments:

  1. I love your posts-so honest, beautiful food pictures, and a prayer I appreciate and understand each time. Miss you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Warms my heart so much and inspires me to be the amazing mother you are one day!!

    ReplyDelete