Monday, August 27, 2012

Feel free to judge

Another fun chapter....
Meet Blakely Jo, our new house guest on Mondays and Wednesdays

We practiced sharing, talking nice to each other, read 
some books, ate some snacks and frankly had a great time.
I feel grateful for the opportunity to learn from and watch another 
tender heart. I think the experience is going to be great for all of us.



Man, I love pigtails....... 

Okay, so here is where you are free to judge:
As I said, Blakely joined us to day and I was nervous for some reason that 
she wouldn't like us or her and Fin wouldn't get along or she'd hate sleeping at our house. 
NOT THE CASE...of course not, the whole thing was arranged by the good Lord- he had it covered. 

So, 3 kids today and 2 dogs. 
I was able to feed and give naps to all 3 kiddos, prep dinner, have snacks, get down and play 
with them. Vacuum the kitchen and living room and wash 3 loads of laundry. 
Billy had a fishing tournament tonight, so he had to be fed and gone by 6. 
Then, I bathed and got both kids to bed after he left. 
SO, off I headed for another HOT shower by the light of a good smelling candle
...does the first one count if it was at 5:30 this morning?
Applied a face mask, decided to eat the last serving...and a 1/2....of ice cream 
right out of the tub with the biggest spoon I have (sorry mom) 
and play for a bit on the computer. I think I'll leave a dirty kitchen for 
tomorrow, make my bed w/the clean sheets out of the dryer and do a bit of crafting 
and have the light off by 10!! 


Dear Father, 
Thank you for fishing tournament nights, 
perfect arrangements (made by you), hot showers (man that's a good one!!), 
video monitors, good music, silence and new chapters. 
I am so grateful for our freedom and blessings!!! 
Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to read your day went well with your new friend! And also that you got time for a hot shower, candle, and ice cream :). My fave's! Curious-what face mask do you use, and what crafting were you working on?
    Sorry for running off so quickly at church yesterday! Blessings :)

    ReplyDelete